Difference between revisions of "AddCommandHandler"
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
Revision as of 20:22, 20 May 2006
This function will create a console command and attach it to a function, so that whenever a player or administrator uses the command the function is called.
Multiple command handlers can be attached to a single function, and they will be called in the order that the handlers were attached.
bool addCommandHandler ( string commandName, string handlerFunction )
- commandName: This is the name of the command you wish to add. This is what must be typed into the console to trigger the function.
- handlerFunction: This is the name of the function that you want the command to trigger. This function should take 3 parameters:
player playerSource, string commandName, string args
- playerSource: The player who triggered the command. If not triggered by a player (e.g. by admin), this will be false.
- commandName: The name of the command triggered. This is useful if multiple commands go through one function.
- args: All the characters after the commandName.
Returns true if the command handler was added successfully, false otherwise.
This example defines a command handler for the command createmarker. This will create a red marker at the player who uses it's position.
-- Register the command handler and attach it to the 'consoleCreateMarker' function addCommandHandler ( "createmarker", "consoleCreateMarker" ) -- Define our function that will handle this command function consoleCreateMarker ( playerSource, commandName, args ) -- If a player triggered it (rather than the admin) then if ( playerSource ) -- Get that player's position x, y, z = getEntityPosition ( playerSource ) -- Create a marker at their position createMarker ( x, y, z, 0, "checkpoint", 255, 0, 0, 255 ) -- Output it in the chat box outputChatBox ( "You got a red marker", playerSource ) end end