Difference between revisions of "BanPlayer"
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
Returns a [[ban]]
Returns a [[ban]] if banned successfully, or ''false'' if unsuccessful.
Revision as of 10:13, 3 May 2011
This function will ban the specified player by either IP, serial or username
ban banPlayer ( player bannedPlayer, [ bool IP = true, bool Username = false, bool Serial = false, player responsiblePlayer = nil, string reason = nil, int seconds = 0 ] )
- bannedPlayer: The player that will be banned from the server.
NOTE: When using optional arguments, you might need to supply all arguments before the one you wish to use. For more information on optional arguments, see optional arguments.
- IP: Will player be banned by IP?
- Username: Will player be banned by username?
- Serial: Will player be banned by serial?
- Note: to ban by username or serial, verifyserials must be enabled in the server configuration file.
- responsibleElement: The element that is responsible for banning the player. This can be a player or the root (getRootElement()).
- reason: The reason the player will be banned from the server.
- seconds: The amount of seconds the player will be banned from the server for. This can be 0 for an infinite amount of time.
Returns a ban object if banned successfully, or false if unsuccessful.
This example lets a player ban anyone if he has ACL rights.
--Add the "ban" command handler -- Example with the player function banPlayerCommand ( theClient, commandName, bannedName, reason ) -- Give the player a nice error if he doesn't have rights if ( hasObjectPermissionTo ( theClient, "function.banPlayer" ) ) then --Get player element from the name local bannedPlayer = getPlayerFromNick ( bannedName ) --Ban the player banPlayer ( bannedPlayer, theClient, reason ) outputChatBox ( "ban: " .. bannedName .. " successfully banned", theClient ) else outputChatBox ( "ban: You don't have enough permissions", theClient ) end end addCommandHandler ( "ban", banPlayerCommand ) -- Example function with the root element. Here you would pass a player element to the function. function banCheater(theCheater) banPlayer(theCheater, getRootElement(), "You are banned because of cheating.") end