Jump to navigation Jump to search
This function is for getting the details of a running timer.
int, int, int getTimerDetails ( timer theTimer )
- theTimer: A timer element.
- Integer one represents the time left in miliseconds (1000th of a second) of the current time left in the loop.
- Integer two represents the ammount of times the timer has left to execute.
- Integer three represents the ammount of times the timer will execute.
- Returns false if the timer doesn't exist or stopped running. Also, debugscript will say "Bad Argument @ 'getTimerDetails'". To prevent this, you can check if the timer exists with isTimer().
This example creates a 1 second (1000 ms) timer that will run 1000 times, and you can see the timer details by using the command: timerdetails.
theTimer = setTimer(function() end, 1000, 10) -- A timer that does nothing. function timerDetails() remaining, executesRemaining, totalExecutes = getTimerDetails(theTimer) -- Get the timers details if (remaining and executesRemaining and totalExecutes) then outputChatBox("Time remaining this second: "..remaining.." Executes remaining: "..executesRemaining.." Total executes: "..totalExecutes) else outputChatBox("Timer no longer exists") end end addCommandHandler("timerdetails", timerDetails)