How you can help
Multi Theft Auto has loads of areas in which you can help us. In turn, we'll be more than happy to help you get started with any ideas you have, help test them and - if they're good enough - release them to the whole community. This page outlines the key areas you could do something in, of course, there are many things we've not thought of, so think outside the box!
Coding for MTA:SA
- Become a patch contributor by sending pull requests to MTA, containing requested features or bugfixes. (Coding guidelines)
- Translate MTA:SA to your native language - https://translate.multitheftauto.com/
- Become a contributor to MTA's official resources by sending pull requests to our resources repository
- Create and publish a gamemode or useful script
- Make a general purpose resource that provides useful functions to other resources.
- Create your own system for statistics - using the PHP SDK as a basis. Join the MTA discord (or development discord) for help.
- Finish documentation for Incomplete functions - ask in #mta.scripting if you're not sure of something.
- Add examples to functions & events missing examples - please test them, and again, ask if you need help.
- Review and verify pages that need checking - make sure highlighted issues are solved before removing pages from the category.
- Expand the pages that explain MTA core concepts.
- Write tutorials to help new people.
- Translate the wiki pages so people from other countries can get started in MTA too.
- Create documentation for undocumented functions and events Undocumented Items
- Keep 'changes in' [current work-in-progress: https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Changes_in_1.6] for future releases updated.
- Report issues with the mod, make sure to do a search on the already reported issues first.
- Test and confirm existing reported issues.
- Use the newest build of MTA to detect and report new bugs, by going to 'Settings', 'Advanced', 'Update build type' and choosing 'Nightly' or get it regularly from here.
- Any bugs which are related to a scripting function / event and present in the main release (rather than nightlies), document that bug by adding a warning to the wiki page to save other scripters a lot of time.
- Create a fuzzer to check for crashes in our scripting functions.
You can donate to MTA:SA here