MTA 0.5 EULA
MTA End User License Agreement
For MTA 0.5 and above.
© 2003-2005 MTA – http://www.multitheftauto.com
THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA) IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE LICENSEE AND THE MTA-TEAM. PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE. BY INSTALLING AND USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT, YOU MAY/CAN NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.
This software is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION, MODIFICATION AND USAGE
0. This License applies to the MTA client and surrounding software including, but not limited to, the server, admin, config tool, and may also include associated media and “online” or electronic documentation. This package will be addressed as MTA. Each licensee is addressed as “you”.
1. You may copy and distribute copies of MTA without any approval of the team if the software package remains intact. Each time you redistribute the program, the recipient automatically receives a license from the original licensor to copy and/or distribute the package subject to these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
The origin of the software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software.
You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee. However, it is prohibited to make profit out of sales of this software.
2. You are not allowed to alter any binaries or libraries that came with the software. This includes, but is not limited to reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling and hex editing. An exception can be made for educational purposes although this requires a new license which has to be requested to and approved by the MTA team or when such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation.
- Note: You are not required to accept this License, since you have not signed it (not accepting means you are not allowed to install/use MTA). However, nothing else grants you permission to modify the program. These actions are prohibited by law.
3. Using this software together with other GTA3/GTA:VC modifications is prohibited by this EULA.
This is not a cause for termination of the license but can result in further actions taken by the team or
4. All title and copyrights in and to MTA (including but not limited to any images, photographs, video, audio, music and text) are owned by the MTA-Team. All title and intellectual property rights in and content which may be accessed through use of MTA (such as GTA) is the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Note: European copyright law states that copyright is automatically granted to the writer(s) of an original piece of work. No registration of this work is required by local or international governments or organisations for the copyright to be legal. Due to international treaties these copyrights are also
valid in the U.S.A, Canada and other countries outside the European Union. MTA is founded and
primarily maintained in the EU. Therefore, EU law applies.
5. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. 6. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This license will terminate automatically and the software may not be used if you fail to comply with any of the above terms and conditions. The license may be terminated by either party at any time and without notice. The owner of the software has reserved the right to change the EULA at any time. The latest version of the EULA can be found at any time on the website.