IT/Bugs noti e FAQ
Postate qui le vostre Domande&Risposte relative ai bugs noti di MTA:SA DM e alle loro soluzioni, soprattutto per problemi che stiamo incontrando ora, che potrebbero creare problemi agli utenti nella release finale.
- 1 Client
- 1.1 Generale
- 1.1.1 Schermo nero iniziale/schermate di GTA bloccate
- 1.1.2 Blocco dopo la schermata iniziale di MTA
- 1.1.3 Crash dopo la schermata iniziale di MTA
- 1.1.4 Assertion in CMainMenu.cpp line 106 upon launching MTASA
- 1.1.5 Controls not working
- 1.1.6 Incorrect models
- 1.1.7 Incorrect drive-by functionality
- 1.1.8 Unsaved settings
- 1.1.9 Gamepad support
- 1.1.10 Sky flickering
- 1.1.11 Invalid serial number
- 1.1.12 'Network module could not be located'
- 1.2 Windows Vista®-related
- 1.1 Generale
- 2 Server
Schermo nero iniziale/schermate di GTA bloccate
- Avviando MTA lo schermo resta nero o le schermate iniziali di GTA restano bloccate.
Potrebbe essere utile premere qualche tasto durante/dopo le schermate iniziali con il logo di GTA per saltare correttamente i video. Prova a premere più volte il tasto sinistro del mouse, o qualche tasto a caso.
- Lo schermo resta nero dopo le schermate iniziali di GTA (possibilmente con del testo nell'angolo in basso a destra dello schermo).
Potrebbe essere causato da problemi di DirectX o da feature della scheda video, che servono per caricare il menu principale renderizzato dinamicamente. Questo menu dinamico di default è attivato. Prova a disabilitarlo scaricando il file coreconfig.xml modificato e copiandolo nella tua cartella GTA San Andreas\MTA (sovrascrivendo i file già esistenti).
Blocco dopo la schermata iniziale di MTA
- Non succede nulla dopo la schermata 'Stop playing with yourself'
Se usi una nVidia GeForce, prova a disabilitare l'nView Desktop Manager prima di avviare MTA.
Prova anche ad eliminare il file settings di GTA ("gta_sa.set") nella cartella Documenti\GTA San Andreas User Files.
Crash dopo la schermata iniziale di MTA
- MTA va in crash dopo la schermata 'Stop playing with yourself'. Sia il single player che MTA: Race funzionavano bene prima.
Prova a scaricare gli ultimi file DirectX Runtime dal sito della Microsoft. Controlla anche dal Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+CANC), che il processo gta_sa.exe non sia già avviato.
Se usi una risoluzione diversa da quelle classiche (es. 960x720), prova a cambiare la tua risoluzione con una di quelle solitamente supportate (es. 640×480, 800×600, 1024×768, 1152×864, 1280×1024). Per farlo avvia GTA in single player, setta la nuova risoluzione ed esci.
Assertion in CMainMenu.cpp line 106 upon launching MTASA
- I'm getting an assertion in CMainMenu.cpp (line 106) after I have launched MTASA. I'm able to ignore it, but then game crashes after I try to connect to a server.
This is likely caused by GTASA or MTASA being installed in a path that contains non-ASCII characters (eg. Cyrillic, Polish, Japanese) in it.
To resolve this, you need to uninstall MTASA and GTASA, then install them in such paths that don't contain such characters.
Controls not working
- My controls don't seem to work as they should.
Try using the 'copygtacontrols' command in the console.
- Woman model's breasts look awkward ingame / I'm seeing odd, spider-like shaped player models.
This is caused by the way GTA handles player stats. To fix this, be sure to set both fat and muscles player stats to 0, when you're changing player skin.
Incorrect drive-by functionality
- Drivebys arent working as they should
Drivebys are handled by script, and will change depending on the loaded gamemode.
- My MTA setting(s) didn't get saved (...) I crashed.
First, configure the MTA the way you want to, then exit the game and launch it again. Settings should get saved. Alternatively, try removing the coreconfig.xml file, then configure it and quit the game.
- MTA doesnt recognise my gamepad
This is a known issue - MTA's keybinds system does not support direct input. As an alternative, XPadder can be used. This emulates joypad buttons as keyboard/mouse so that it can be used in MTA. Please refer to this forum topic for a brief guide on how to use XPadder.
- My screen/sky flickers when weather or sky effects are enabled.
MTA:SA DM uses a new text rendering system from race, which is much more efficient in terms of FPS. However, this can cause conflicts within the game, particularly with ATI based cards. To fix this, bring up the console with ¬(tilde), and type the command ceguitext 1. This reverts the rendering method to that of Race. All glitches should no longer happen, at the cost of lower FPS.
Invalid serial number
This seems to happen randomly to a few people. The best way to fix this is to install without a serial number at all (choose the bottom option on the MTA accounts page of the installer). We'll be looking into fixing this as soon as possible.
You can also try to login into your account on www.mtabeta.com, there you can read your serial number. Then open " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas/" in your registry. There you have to create the string "Username" with your username as value, and the string "Serial" with your serial number as value.
'Network module could not be located'
- I am getting 'Network module could not be located' error message upon launching MTA:SA DM
Copy the file 'net.dll' from your GTA:SA/mta directory into your GTA:SA directory, overwriting existing files.
Crash on launch
- I've successfully upgraded from MTA Race to MTASA DM on Vista, but it seems to crash on launch.
Go to your Program Files\MTA San Andreas\mods\race directory, and rename client.dll to something else.
Crash on connect
- I seem to crash whenever I connect to a server just before I go in-game on Vista
This seems to be an issue with the Microsoft DirectX April 2006 SDK Redistributable DLL file (d3dx9_30.dll) when running in compatibility mode. Please make sure that compatibility mode is competely turned off for both your GTA_SA.exe and Multi Theft Auto.exe executables.
Invalid or disabled serial error
- MTASA DM installer complains about wrong serial provided. I'm running it for the first time.
You need to run the installer with Administrator privileges. To do so, right click on the installer executable, choose 'Properties', go into 'Compatibility' tab and tick the check box on the last field.
Some have found that setting compatibility to Windows XP/2000 have fixed the problem.
If User Account Control is disabled, you might need to enable it and run the installer with admin privileges (like said above) in order to install MTA:SA DM.
- I am getting 'invalid serial' when I try to connect to a server
After some research we have found that in most cases this problem occurs if registry data has not been set for some reason. To fix this problem, take the following steps:
Open regedit (start > run > regedit)
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas
Create a new string key called Username and fill there the username you have on mtabeta.com
Create one more string key called Serial and paste there the serial from mtabeta.com
If you have no serial at www.mtabeta.com to complete the last step, register on our forums and request one here
- I am getting 'disabled serial' when I try to connect to a server
If you receive this message, your serial has been banned (most likely for cheating). There is nothing you can do to fix this. Registering a new account does not unban you.
Clock manipulation error
- I am getting 'Clock manipulation detected!' error message upon launching MTA:SA DM
Further info coming soon.
Halt on launch
- When I launch MTA:SA DM, nothing happens (GTA_SA.exe is running but not loading up)
Run MTA:SA DM with Administrator privileges. To do this, right click on the installer executable, choose 'Properties', go into 'Compatibility' tab and tick the check box on the last field and try again.
General GTA problems
- I have unexplainable GTA problems or crashes
Make sure your computer as well as your GTA install meet the minimum requirements and that you are not running in any 98/2000/XP/2003 compatibility modes.
Also try the solutions from these pages:
Fatal error 3
- I'm getting Fatal Error 3 whenever I connect to my server
This error happens when the server you are trying to connect to is unable to provide you the required downloads, because it does not have http downloading enabled. Be sure to set the httpdownload configuration tag in your configuration to 1.
Download error 9: Error downloading requested files
- I'm getting Download Error 9: Error downloading requested files whenever I connect to my server
This error happens when the server you are trying to connect to is unable to provide you with a valid link. This results in a 404 (Not found) HTTP error and an error at your end.
- If you are running the built-in server (httpserver is set to 1 and httpdownloadurl is empty), make sure that your HTTP server is accessible (you can try to access it by using a browser) for everyone.
- If you have configured an external web server (httpdownloadurl is set to your custom URL), make sure that your HTTP is accessible and make sure you have read the Configuring an external web server guide.
No known reported issues in the version 1.5.7.
No known reported issues in the version 1.5.7.