Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page has information which would be useful for anyone who is doing coding for MTA SA. Coding guidelines also has a lot of useful info.
Our project is organised into a number of different directories which serve different purposes:
- Shared: contains code shared between both the client and the server
- utils: utilities used to automate certain tasks
- vendor: unmodified third-party code and libraries (optionally linked to the appropriate third-party Git repository through Git submodules).
- Client - Core: Typically UI elements like main menu etc and isn't ever unloaded.
- Client - Deathmatch: Where MTA makes all it's functions and events do stuff.
- Client - Game SA: Low level stuff which is mainly function calls to the game so each element will have a game_sa class like Vehicle, Ped, Object etc.
- Client - GUI: It's just wrappers to CEGUI, you need not touch.
- Client - Launch: Is the MTA executable which loads loader, you need not touch.
- Client - Loader: You need not touch the loader either.
- Client - Multiplayer SA: Hooks, code modification and that sort of low level things that lets us work.
- Server - Core: Cazomino05: "I genuinely don't really know why we have server core."
- Server - Dbconmy: Stuff to do with the db* functions, you need not touch.
- Server - Deathmatch: All the server logic and storage classes for elements as well as Lua stuff.
- Server - Launcher: Just an executable to load all the DLLs we need.
- Shared - XML Module: XML module is just tinyxml and some high level wrapper functions for stuff we need.
- Dependencies: Has a load of 3rd party code, modules like sqlite, curl, lua, ehs, etc.
- CEGUI: Crazy Eddie's GUI system is a graphical user interface C++ library.
Some of the code may be explained in detail in pages under the this category: Classes (Blue)
Simplification of data types
MTA has some type definitions you can use (Can be found in Shared/sdk/SharedUtil.h)
- ulong = unsigned long
- uint = unsigned int
- ushort = unsigned short
- uchar = unsigned char
- uint64 = unsigned long long
- uint32 = unsigned int
- uint16 = unsigned short
- uint8 = unsigned char
- int64 = signed long long
- int32 = signed int
- int16 = signed short
- int8 = signed char
- BYTE = unsigned char
- WORD = unsigned short
- DWORD = unsigned long
- FLOAT = float
MTA has some commands which you can use if you're running debug mode
- showsync - show sync data
- foo - debug command for devs
- showwepdata - shows the given player weapon data (nick)
- showtasks - shows the local player tasks (nick)
- showplayer - shows extended player information (nick)
- setmimic - enables player mimics (amount)
- setmimiclag - enables player mimic lag (amount)
- paintballs - enables paintball mode
- breakpoint - inserts breakpoint
- giveweapon - gives the player a weapon (id)
- showrpcs - shows the remote prodecure calls
- showinterpolation - shows information about the interpolation
- watch - enables wpm watch mode
- modules - enables wpm module
- debug - debug function 1
- debug2 - debug function 2
- debug3 - debug function 3
- debug4 - debug function 4
- CCLIENTCAMERA - Camera
- CCLIENTPLAYER - Player
- CCLIENTVEHICLE - Vehicle
- CCLIENTRADARMARKER - Blip
- CCLIENTOBJECT - Object
- CCLIENTPICKUP - Pickup
- CCLIENTRADARAREA - RadarArea
- CCLIENTMARKER - Marker
- CCLIENTTEAM - Team
- CCLIENTPED - Ped
- CCLIENTPROJECTILE - Projectile
- CCLIENTIFP - EngineIFP
- CGUI_BUTTON - GuiButton
- CGUI_CHECKBOX - GuiCheckBox
- CGUI_EDIT - GuiEdit
- CGUI_GRIDLIST - GuiGridList
- CGUI_LABEL - GuiLabel
- CGUI_MEMO - GuiMemo
- CGUI_PROGRESSBAR - GuiProgressBar
- CGUI_RADIOBUTTON - GuiRadioButton
- CGUI_STATICIMAGE - GuiStaticImage
- CGUI_TAB - GuiTab
- CGUI_TABPANEL - GuiTabPanel
- CGUI_WINDOW - GuiWindow
- CGUI_SCROLLPANE - GuiScrollPane
- CGUI_SCROLLBAR - GuiScrollBar
- CGUI_COMBOBOX - GuiComboBox
- CCLIENTCOLSHAPE - ColShape
- SCRIPTFILE - File
- CCLIENTDFF - EngineDFF
- CCLIENTCOL - EngineCOL
- CCLIENTTXD - EngineTXD
- CCLIENTSOUND - Sound
- CCLIENTWATER - Water
- CCLIENTDXFONT - DxFont
- CCLIENTGUIFONT - GuiFont
- CCLIENTTEXTURE - DxTexture
- CCLIENTSHADER - DxShader
- CCLIENTWEAPON - Weapon
- CCLIENTEFFECT - Effect
- CCLIENTSCREENSOURCE - DxScreenSource
- CCLIENTRENDERTARGET - DxRenderTarget