|This function is provided by the external module Basic IRC Module. You must install this module to use this function.|
This function returns the user mode of user in specified channel. The specified ircbot has to be in that channel.
string ircGetUserMode ( ircbot theBot, string channel, string user )
- theBot: The ircbot which is in the channel
- channel: The name of the channel which channel mode you want to get
- user: The name of the user whose user mode you want to return
Returns a string containing a series of symbols, each representing a user mode. Symbols are
- +: user is voiced in the channel
- %: user is a channel half-operator
- @: user is a channel operator
- &: user is a channel super-operator
- ~: user is the channel owner
If user does not have any modes on that channel, returns an empty string or false if invalid arguments were passed.
This example creates a function which can be used to check whether a user is voiced in a channel.
function isUserVoiced( theBot, channel, user ) local botName = ircGetName( theBot ) if botName then -- if the bot given was valid (it has a name) if ircIsInChannel( theBot, channel, user ) then -- if the user is in channel local userMode = ircGetUserMode( theBot, channel, user ) if userMode and userMode:find( "+" ) then -- if valid arguments were passed, and '+' symbol is found in the user mode return true end end end return false end