From Multi Theft Auto: Wiki
This function gives you various version information about MTA and the operating system.
Note: Clientside will return the version from the player, and the server-sided will return version from the server.
Returns a table with version information. Specifically these keys are present in the table:
- number: the MTA server or client version (depending where the function was called) in pure numerical form, e.g. "256"
- mta: the MTA server or client version (depending where the function was called) in textual form, e.g. "1.0"
- name: the full MTA product name, either "MTA:SA Server" or "MTA:SA Client".
- netcode: the netcode version number.
- os: returns the operating system on which the server or client is running
- type: the type of build. can be:
- "Nightly rX" - A nightly development build. X represents the nightly build revision.
- "Custom" - A build compiled manually
- "Release" - A build that is publicly released (provisional).
- tag: the build tag (from 1.0.3 onwards). Contains infomation about the underlying version used. i.e. The final version of 1.0.3 has the build tag of "1.0.3 rc-9". (This can be confirmed by using the console command 'ver'.)
- sortable: a 15 character sortable version string (from 1.0.4 onwards). Format of the string is described in getPlayerVersion.
Example 1: This example will make a script compatible only with version 1.0:
Example 2: This client and server example will kick players that have anything earlier than the final released version of 1.0.3:
function handlePlayerVersion( version ) if version.number > 256 + 3 then -- Allow anything above 1.0.3 return end if version.number == 256 + 3 then -- Check further if it is exactly 1.0.3 if version.type == "Release" then -- Check further if it is the "Release" type local _,_,buildnumber = string.find( version.tag or "", "(%d)$" ) -- Extract the build number if there buildnumber = tonumber(buildnumber) or 0 if buildnumber >= 9 then -- Allow 9 and above return end end end outputConsole( "Kicking player as below 1.0.3 Release build 9" ); kickPlayer( client, "Upgrade your version at www.mtasa.com" ) end addEvent ( "onNotifyPlayerVersion", true) addEventHandler ( "onNotifyPlayerVersion", getResourceRootElement(), handlePlayerVersion )