This function creates a new DGS memo. This is a multiline edit box in which the user can input text.
element dgsCreateMemo ( float x, float y, float width, float height, string text, bool relative [, element parent = nil, int textColor = 0x000000FF, int scaleX = 1, int scaleY = 1, element bgImage = nil, int bgColor = 0xFFFFFFFF ] )
- x: A float of the 2D x position of the DGS memo on a player's screen. This is affected by the relative argument.
- y: A float of the 2D y position of the DGS memo on a player's screen. This is affected by the relative argument.
- width: A float of the width of the DGS memo. This is affected by the relative argument.
- height: A float of the height of the DGS memo. This is affected by the relative argument.
- text: A string of the text that will be displayed by default in the memo.
- relative: This is whether sizes and positioning are relative. If this is true, then all x,y,width,height floats must be between 0 and 1, representing measures relative to the parent.
NOTE: When using optional arguments, you might need to supply all arguments before the one you wish to use. For more information on optional arguments, see optional arguments.
- parent: This is the parent that the DGS memo is attached to. If the relative argument is true, sizes and positioning will be made relative to this parent. If the relative argument is false, positioning will be the number of offset pixels from the parent's origin. If no parent is passed, the parent will become the screen - causing positioning and sizing according to screen positioning.
- textColor: An integer of the color of the text.
- scaleX: A float of the width of the text scale.
- scaleY: A float of the height of the text scale.
- bgImage: A texture element of the back ground image of the memo.
- bgColor: An integer of the back ground color of the memo.
The Element Type of this element is dgs-dxmemo.
Returns a dgs-dxmemo element of the created memo if it was successfully created, false otherwise.